The next action is download and save the file "Microsoft Office 2010 KMS Host License Pack". This installation will configure and prepare your KMS Host to recognize the Office 2010 Products and Key. This will install the license files for Office 2010. Download and install the Microsoft Office 2010 KMS Host License Pack from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97b7b710-6831-4ce5-9ff5-fdc21fe8d965&displaylang=en*** The first action is really have a Office 2010 Host Key ***
1. Execute KeyManagementServiceHost.exe and type Office 2010 KMS Host Key:
2. Run SLMGR on the KMS server to verify that the Office 2010 license pack is showing up as licensed.
3. Open a command prompt and change the directory to c:\windows\system32. Type “cscript slmgr.vbs /dlv all” . You will see all of the license files that have been installed on your KMS server. You will want to scroll through to find the Office KMS 2010 entry.
Notice that the Current count is 0. Office 2010 will not start activating until the KMS host has received requests from 5 unique machines.4. On workstation which has Office 2010 installed with a generic KMS key, open office. It should complain that activation failed. This is ok. Check the KMS host again on the server.
* Now that we have run SLMGR.VBS once already and identified the Office piece we can now copy down the activation ID and run a query for only the Office 2010 host by referencing the activation ID rather than using the “all” variable. Example:
5. Notice the Current count now equals 1. This means that one machine has attempted activation. Keep in mind however that the KMS host will not start activating the Office 2010 clients until it has received 5 unique requests. Once you install Office 2010 on 4 other workstations and open office on those machines to get the current count to 5, all additional Office 2010 clients will activate as expected.
6. To help you, please use VAMT 2.0 tool to activate the Office 2010 easier.
Manually install the Office 2010 KMS host key and activate
If you want to manually enter the Office 2010 KMS host key and activate it, use the slmgr.vbs script. Open an elevated command prompt, and then run the following commands:
slmgr.vbs /ato The Office 2010 activation ID is bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864.
Plan and Test the environment. Please read those articles to understand how KMS and Office 2010 works and can impact. Also keep in mind how many "KMS Host x Workstations" will be needed. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg430127.aspx