Nov 1, 2011
How to restore deleted Printers
I worked in one issue that can happen to everyone and understand how to restore/rollback the situation to original state can save your neck.
For some reason there was a single Print Server with many Printers configured and by mistake these printers were deleted accidentally. Now we need to know to rollback these Printers to server.
In this scenario we've a Windows Server 2003.
- If for some miracle you've the PrintMig backup of this Print Server, use it now and restore the Printers.
- If not so we will need the Backup.
- Checked the full backup of this server.
- Depending the Backup Solution you will need to double check the way to restore the following folders and files:
- The restore must contains the system state, system service and, C:\windows\system32\config
- Finished the Backup Restore Process and restart the Server.
- After restarting all Printers will be available again! And your neck is safe now :)
- The solution is: BACKUP ALWAYS!